What the Upcoming Recession Means for Real Estate



Many of my investors ask me when the next recession is going to happen. The truth is that I don’t know. All I can do is look for answers. Many smart economists predict that the recession might start in 2020.

Our economy has been expanding since 2009 and we have seen almost a decade of growth. All signs point toward a recession soon. However, to my friends that invest in real estate, there’s no need to panic. With the exception of the 2008 recession, real estate has done really well in the past five economic recessions. A recession doesn’t equate to trouble in the real estate market.




I wouldn’t be concerned about falling home prices in an upcoming recession.


This recession will occur when the GDP begins to shrink for multiple quarters in a row. It’s more complex than that, but that’s what it is on a basic level. We don’t have any data to indicate that the real estate market will cause another recession, which is the only way a recession would really affect real estate.

So, I’m not concerned about dropping house prices during the upcoming recession. You shouldn’t be either. If you have any questions about the recession or about anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.